Warranty & Return Policy
General Product Limited Warranty
ITC Incorporated under its corporate name or the elio® trade name (collectively hereafter referred to as the “Company”) warrants, to the original purchaser, that the product will be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship for the period of time set forth herein. This warranty period will begin from the original date of purchase of the product. Except as set forth below, this general product limited warranty will extend between one-year and three-years dependent on product and product installation environment.
All exterior installed tape light products will have a one-year warranty period. All assist handles will have a three-year warranty period, provided that crazing caused by chemical attack from a contaminant is not covered by any warranty. Power supplies utilized in an exterior application have a one-year warranty, power supplies utilized in an interior application have a three-year warranty and power supplies used in a mirror application have a warranty as follows. All LOOK™ backlit mirrors will carry a ten-year warranty for the mirror frame, structure, and assembly and a seven-year warranty for the mirror glass, power supply, and LED’s. NOTE: Ten-year and seven-year warranty applies only to mirrors utilizing the 690010.121 power supply and mirrors purchased after January 1, 2022. All products within the Compel™ series will have a five-year warranty. Warranty lengths for other specific products are available upon request to the Company.
MAXIMUM LIABILITY The Company's liability to repair or replace a damaged item shall be limited to the original purchaser of the item or in the event product is purchased by an authorized distributor, limited warranty may be transferred to subsequent purchasers, as long as, parts are resold in new condition, at the original invoice price of the unit. Labor and freight will not be included. If an ITC Direct Customer is unauthorized to sell the products to a third party for re-sale on the internet, the ITC Warranty will be null and void for those products.
INSPECTION The Company reserves the right to review the damaged product and the site where the damage occurred. The Company may require the purchaser to ship the item to the Company for inspection. The damaged item must remain available for inspection until the claim is finalized. In the event the Company requests to inspect the product, it agrees to dispatch its findings pertaining to the alleged defective product within 45 days of receiving the product. Whenever claims are settled, the Company reserves the right to be subrogated under any existing insurance policies the purchaser may have.
EVENTS THAT VOID WARRANTY All above warranties are null and void if any one or more of the following events occurs: (a) the item is not provided to the Company for inspection upon the Company's request; (b) the Company determines that the item has been improperly installed (ITC In-door or Out-door Install Instructions were not followed), altered in any way or tampered with; (c) the Company determines that the item was not used under normal operating conditions or in accordance with labels or instructions for the item; (d) the Company determines the product was not properly maintained, Stored and/or; e) the Company determines that an unauthorized repair, modification, disassembly, or other changes to the product created the alleged defect. In addition to the foregoing, this Warranty does not protect against damage to the product when the Company determines, in its sole discretion, that the damage resulted from acts of God such as lightning, flood, earthquake, war, vandalism, theft, normal-use wear and tear, terrorism, strikes, and labor stoppages. This warranty specifically excludes damage, deterioration, or discoloration caused by sunlight or similar ultraviolet rays and/or wavelengths and/or dents, holes, or scratches to the unit caused by stones, rocks, and/or debris.
EXCLUSIVE REMEDY This Warranty contains the sole warranty of the Company with respect to the product and is given in lieu of all other warranties. There are no other warranties, express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and any implied warranties that cannot be waived and/or excluded are hereby limited in duration to the terms of this Warranty.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY In no event shall the Company or any affiliate of the Company be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or multiple damages arising out of the use of the item, regardless of the legal theory on which such claim is based, even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damage. Consequential damages shall include, but are not limited to, loss of profits, loss of savings, or revenue.
(1) Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not be applicable.
ITC Return Policy
1. The Company will accept absolutely no returns for product found defective at the distributor or returned by a dealer or customer as a warranty claim without a Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number. Customers should email email@example.com or call our Quality Department 1.888.871.8860 to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number prior to sending product back to the Company.
2. All correspondence and credits pertaining to the alleged non-conforming product will reference the RMA number. If your company uses its own return goods numbering system, the Company will make every effort to include both reference numbers on the Company's RMA. All returns must be accompanied by our RMA number or they will not be processed. If product is received without our RMA number written on the outside of the carton, it will be refused upon receipt. All customers have 30 days to return product or the RMA will be voided.
3. All RMA returns should be sent to the attention of RETURNS at the following address:
3030 Corporate Grove Dr
Hudsonville, MI 49426
All returns must have the RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the box.
4. The Company will reimburse a customer for credit on returned parts that are determined defective by the Company. Credit is entered based on the current Distributor quoted price for said part. The Company will not credit customers for unauthorized dealer mark-ups or customer mark-up fees. The Company will not reimburse labor fees that are unreasonable or extraordinary.
5. The Company will not issue credit for parts that were damaged or inappropriately handled by customer. Alterations to the Company’s part will invalidate the warranty.
6. To preserve your claim, please securely package all parts before shipping to the Company. Damage caused by improper or inadequate storage or packaging before or during shipment will invalidate the warranty and credit may be denied. All claims are reviewed by the Company's Quality Department to determine the validity of the claim.
7. Invalid returned parts (non-Company parts) shall be held for a maximum of 15 days, then destroyed or returned at customer's expense. The Company will notify the customer accordingly. Repeated submission of invalid parts will warrant the Company charging the offending customer a handling fee. If a part is damaged or lost during transit, customer is responsible for directing a claim to the courier service, not ITC.
8. The Company is not responsible for freight charges of parts that the customer has ordered in error or for parts that are found not defective.
9. A minimum of 25% or $25.00 (whichever is greater) restocking fee will be invoiced or deducted from the return credit for parts that are not defective, or parts ordered in error providing the parts are returned clean, in the Company’s original packaging, and immediately saleable to another Company Customer as-is. If parts do not meet this criterion, the restocking request will either be denied upon the Company’s receipt of the parts or a Rework Service charge will be applied which will be invoiced or deducted from the credit for parts. The Rework Service charge will vary dependent on the rework required.
10. Mirrors are an exception, where a minimum of 50% restocking fee of the purchased price will be invoiced or deducted from the return credit for LOOK™ Backlit Mirrors that are not defective, or mirrors ordered in error.
11. If a scrap credit is authorized by the Company, we will issue an RMA number and apply the credit to the customer's account without inspecting the product or having it returned to the Company. Scrap credit cannot be taken by a customer without written consent by the Company.
12. If you should have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1.888.871.8860 or 616.396.1355
2022 - ITC Incorporated. All Rights Reserved
Printed Documents are not Controlled
QF 000079 ITC Inc. General Product Limited Warranty Rev F 7/22/2022